Connect with us

DISCUSSION

Teacher Lowered Student’s Grade Because He Stopped Having Sex With Her, Lawsuit Claims

Published

on

A former South Carolina teacher allegedly forced a student to have sex with her multiple times, and actually lowered his grade after he began to fend off her advances, according to a lawsuit filed by the student’s mother.

The suit, which was filed last month on behalf of the then 17-year-old male student and his mother, alleges that 28-year-old Jennifer Danielle Olajire-Aro—who taught math and was a tennis coach at Burke High School in Charleston, S.C.—blackmailed the teen into having a sexual relationship with her, and when he eventually refused, she would remind him that she controlled his grade.

The lawsuit says that the boy told his mother after the teacher dropped his grade from a 98 to 89 when he refused to have sex with her in December 2017.

After confessing to the sexual encounters with the teen, Olajire-Aro was arrested that month and charged with sexual battery with a student. She was released on $100,000 bail and her criminal case is still pending.

The suit, which claims negligence, is against Olajire-Aro’s employer (the Charleston County School District). She is not named as a defendant.

The student’s complaint argues that the district failed to properly give him a “safe, educational, and harassment-free environment to receive a high school education” and accommodated “an environment which enabled [Olajire-Aro] to prey on the vulnerabilities of adolescent males.”

According to an affidavit, Olajire-Aro allegedly engaged in “an intimate and sexual relationship with her 17-year-old male student” on three occasions between November and December 2017 at her home and other locations in Charleston.

Olajire-Aro taught pre-calculus and algebra at Burke, the Post and Courier reported. She graduated from the University of Texas with a master’s degree in education, and had no prior record, her attorney said.

Olajire-Aro—a native of Dallas, Texas—also has a family of her own. “She is married. Her husband is a student at the Medical University of South Carolina (in) the residency program. She has a 10-month-old baby, a girl,” her attorney said in court in December.

A Charleston County School District spokesman declined to comment on the lawsuit as it is pending litigation. He said Olajire-Aro was hired by the district in 2017 and was placed on leave on December 18th, the same day officials found out about the allegations.

Olajire-Aro was fired in late January 2018, the district spokesman said.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Comments

DISCUSSION

President Buhari in a closed door meeting with Goodluck Jonathan, Obasanjo, other former leaders

Published

on

President Buhari is currently in a closed door meeting with former leaders of the country.

According to Bashir Ahmad, the Personal Assistant to the president, the former leaders in attendance include Olusegun Obasanjo, Goodluck Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Ernest Shonekan and Yakubu Gowon.

”President Buhari is hosting an unusual meeting (virtual) with former Heads of State, current heads of security agencies and top government officials, in attendance; ex-Presidents, Olusegun Obasanjo, Goodluck Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Ernest Shonekan and Yakubu Gowon.”

 

Insecurity: President Buhari in a closed door meeting with Goodluck Jonathan, Obasanjo, other former leaders

Continue Reading

DISCUSSION

Genevieve Nnaji accused the government of not listening.

Published

on

 

Genevieve Nnaji has reacted to the formation of a new unit to replace the disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS

the Inspector General of Police, IGP, Mohammed Adamu on Tuesday announced the formation of the Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) Team to “fill the gaps” arising from the dissolution of SARS.

Reacting, the actress in a tweet via her Twitter account on Wednesday said implementation of the rules should be a sign that the Government is listening to the outburst of the people they are leading.

She also said that the officials who are guilty of killing innocent protesters should be arrested and charged for murder.

 

Continue Reading

DISCUSSION

Cardi B met with US presidential aspirant Bernie Sanders to film 2020 presidential campaign video.

Published

on

Cardi B met with US presidential aspirant Bernie Sanders on Monday to film a 2020 presidential campaign video.

The campaign was aimed at appealing to young voters ahead of the 2020 US elections, Bernie Sanders told CNN in an interview as he arrived for the shoot.

He said: “We (are) working on a way to involve more young people in the political process. The future of America depends on young people. They are voting in large numbers, but not large enough numbers.”

The video was filmed at the TEN Nail Bar, a local nail salon owned by two black women.

Cardi B wrote:  “Not me, US. Thank you Senator Bernie Sanders for sitting with me and sharing your plans on how you will change this country. A couple of weeks ago I asked my followers if you had the opportunity to have a question answered by a democratic candidate what would it be ? I got a lot of submission and selected the most popular questions to get answered. Stay tuned to see how he will fight for economic, racial, and social justice for all. Together, let’s build a movement of young people to transform this country.LETS LEARN OUR CANDIDATES!”

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2018, Pink Entertainment

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com