Connect with us

NEWS

Ministers’ Inauguration: Buhari Shrinks Ministeries Further

Published

on

President Muhammadu Buhari may have successfully slashed the federal ministries to 25 from 29 ahead of today’s inauguration for the 36 incoming ministers.

The Punch reports that the ministries of police affairs, aviation and special duties appear to have been scrapped while ministries of Lands, Housing, Urban Development and Works have been merged to become Ministry of Works and Housing.

President Buhari has shrinked the ministries further ahead of today's inauguration of his ministers

President Buhari has shrinked the ministries further ahead of today’s inauguration of his ministers

In the same vein, the information, culture, national orientation and tourism ministries have been collapsed into one Ministry of Information and Culture while the Ministries of Sports as well as Youth Development have also been merged to form the Ministry of Sports and Youth Development.

Among other mergers, the Ministry of Aviation is now under the Ministry of Transportation, as the president retired 17 permanent secretaries and announced the appointment of 18 new ones in a decision taken on Tuesday, November 10, 2015.

This indication is further fueled by the announcement of the appointment and deployment of permanent secretaries by President Buhari’s special adviser on media and publicity, Femi Adesina.

According to a top government official who spoke with The Punch’s correspondent on Tuesday: “the pattern of the list you see in the statement may be a sign of what to come as far as the number of ministries to be maintained by the President are concerned.”

The President was last week presented with the list of screened ministerial nominees by the Senate president, Bukola Saraki, and hosted the incoming ministers to a retreat.

During the two-day event, President Buhari warned the ministers over their foreign trips and asked them to avoid waste and shun impunity as they work together to build the country.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Comments

NEWS

Breaking News:Yoruba Freedom Fighter, Sunday Igboho Arrested in Cotonou

Published

on

Yoruba freedom fighter, Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho, has been arrested in Cotonou, Benin Republic by security operatives in the West African country.

Igboho was arrested Monday night after fleeing Nigeria to evade arrest by Nigeria’s secret police.

A source privy to his departure from Nigeria said he had perfected plans to secretly escape from Nigeria through Cotonou and was heading to Germany.

He was, however, nabbed by security operatives in the neighboring country.

Speaking with SaharaReporters, a source privy to the incident, said, “Sunday Igboho has been arrested in Cotonou. He was arrested about an hour ago.

“He was supposed to travel to Germany through Cotonou this night. He wanted to leave Africa through Cotonou. He was arrested by security operatives in Cotonou.

“They are planning to bring him back to Nigeria.”

Recall that the Department of State Services had declared Igboho wanted after its operatives carried out a bloody midnight raid on his residence in the Soka area of Ibadan, Oyo State.

Continue Reading

NEWS

Popular Nigerian Singer, Sound Sultan dies at 44

Published

on

Singer, Olanrewaju Fasasi aka Sound Sultan, has died. A statement released by his family says he died on July 11 after a long battle with throat cancer.

The singer is survived by his wife and three children.

 

The statement reads;

“It is with a heavy heart that we announce the passing of Multi-talented veteran singer, rapper, songwriter, Onlanrewaju Fasasi a.k.a Sound Sultan.

Too sad! Singer, Sound Sultan, dies at 44

Continue Reading

NEWS

#EndSARS: Court strikes out suit against Sam Adeyemi, Davido, Falz, BurnaBoy, Aisha Yesufu and others

Published

on

Justice Bello Jawu of a High Court sitting in Abuja has struck out a suit filed by one Kenechukwu Okeke, a human rights activist, against Davido, Aisha Yesufu, Pastor Sam Adeyemi, and 47 other celebrities and activists over their activities during the October 2020 #EndSARS protests.

The judge in a ruling delivered on Friday, July 2, also restrained the Nigeria Police Force and Okeke from taking any steps to prosecute the individuals for their role played during the #EndSARS protest.

Okeke had in November 2020 filed criminal proceedings before a magistrate court in Abuja against the 50 persons over claims they promoted the October 2020 #EndSARS protests.

In the suit, he alleged that the defendants acted in a manner “with intent to assist in the promotion of an unlawful assembly under the guise or composition of #EndSARS

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2018, Pink Entertainment

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com