Connect with us

NEWS

Make Nigeria’s refineries work, NUPENG tells Jonathan

Published

on

Make Nigeria’s refineries work, NUPENG tells Jonathan

As Scarcity of petroleum persist in some part of the Country, The National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas (NUPENG) charged the Federal Government to as a matter of urgency, put the nation’s four refineries in a fully functional state, if fuel subsidy deduction is in the interest of the people.

NUPENG President; Comrade Igwe Achese was speaking to journalists in Calabar, Cross River state after their week long union meeting alongside the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria(PENGASSAN).

The oil and gas unions said only working and effective refineries can remove the incessant sufferings Nigerians are facing.

Igwe echoed that the only solution to the problem at hand is for the refineries in the country to be functional and effective and that is the position of the union on the matter.

The NUPENG President added that, if the president can not address the issues affecting the union and the nation as whole, the oil workers will be left with no other choice than to down-tools any moment.

PENGASSAN President; Comrade Babatunde Ogun also spoke on the need to improve on the ills in the oil and gas sector saying the insensitivity of government to listen to the union led the oil industry to the present situation it is presently, as most marketers have hiked the price.

Ogun remarked that corruption in the industry calls for proper scrutiny and called on the Federal Government to stop casualization and improve the security of the workers.

Other issues discussed included the unions support for the passage of the petroleum Industry Bill (PIB), deregulation of the downstream sector as well as assessment of the Removal of the fuel subsidy.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Comments

NEWS

Hundreds of permanent voters card discovered by hunters in Bayelsa

Published

on

Over 320 Permanent Voters Cards were dumped inside an uncompleted building along the AIT/Elebele road in Yenogoa, the Bayelsa State capital.

The hunters handed over the PVCs to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Wednesday, July 27, in Yenagoa, the state capital. the Commandant of the association, Moses Okano

Said :

“We have been combing the bushes in the nooks and crannies because of the happening we have been hearing in the bushes. We started from Azikoro and went through Elebele,” he said

In the course of our going round, we ran into an uncompleted building in the bush and we heard some noise with our usual way of operation to ascertain those who were there, the people sighting us started to jump out of the windows of the uncompleted building.

So, we were able to penetrate the building and what we saw were the abandoned voters’ cards. So knowing full well that these are Federal Government property and the only authority empowered or authorised by law to keep custody of these items is INEC, we have to recover them and decided to bring it to the Commission.” he said

Continue Reading

NEWS

INEC rules out another extension of voter registration

Published

on

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has ruled out another extension of the ongoing Continuous Voter Registration (CVR).

The INEC National Commissioner in charge of Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo States, Chief Ken Okeagu, stated this at a media briefing on Wednesday in Abakaliki.

The REC said he had visited the commission’s local government area offices to assess the progress so far recorded in the exercise.

He expressed satisfaction with the turnout of prospective voters.

He said: “I’m quite impressed. The arrangement is good and people are turning out.

“So far, we don’t have challenges other than the number of people that have been coming out to register.

“I have gone round some of the centres and we are discussing how to take care of the surge.

“Some of the arrangements are going to be internal and we are looking basically at getting more machines to attend to people.

“We are not going to extend again.

“We have done it once for one month and we are not going to extend again.

“Those who have yet to register should go and get registered.

 

Continue Reading

NEWS

Man exposes the condition of Psquare’s village house 

Published

on

A video making the rounds on social media captures the moment an unidentified man showed off P-square’s alleged village mansion.

 

 

 

 

 

In the viral clip, the man noted that the duo who are known for their hit track ‘Do Me’ have such a dilapidated house in the village.

Watch the video below:

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2018, Pink Entertainment

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com