Connect with us

ARTICLES

‘Hold Lai Mohammed Responsible For Boko Haram Attacks’

Published

on

 The minister told the journalists that the army has almost met the Dec. 31 deadline given by President Muhammadu Buhari to defeat Boko Haram, saying what he saw during his recent trip to Borno state and the briefings he received from the army top persuaded him of the successes recorded by the military.

Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the Minister of Information and Culture said the Army has met the December deadline to squash Boko Haram.

However, the Third Force, a coalition of young Nigerian politicians and professionals say the minsters comments were cheap propaganda to give the President Muhammadu Buhari regime some face.

In a statement issued on Thursday, December 24 by a spokesperson for the group Ishaq Abubakar, it was suggested that the Army might not meet the deadline given the nature of attacks in the month of December.

He statement reads: “While the defeat and end of Boko Haram in Nigeria is a dream all well-meaning citizens of Nigeria desire and have supported the government and the Nigerian Army to accomplish, The THIRD Force however believes that there should be limits to reckless and irresponsible propaganda especially when it is coming from the office of a public officer paid with taxpayers’ money.

“Lai Mohammed’s hasty declaration on Tuesday that Boko Haram has been defeated was not only misguided but an idiotic attempt to end the war against Boko Haram on the pages of newspapers.

“We understand that the Nigerian government has been under pressure to show the world that the December deadline to end Boko Haram given by President Buhari to the Nigerian Army is feasible. But the reality on ground suggests otherwise. No fewer than 1,500 Nigerians were killed by Boko Haram in the past six months according to Associated Press reports.

“Only last week, Boko Haram attacks in the northeast of Nigeria left over 30 dead and 20 others wounded. News of the attacks was slow to emerge because telecom masts in the area have been destroyed in previous Boko Haram raids, hindering communication. Many more attacks are happening on a daily basis that do not make the news headlines. Is this normal? Are these not Nigerian citizens or are they mere statistics in Lai Mohammed’s school of governance by propaganda?

“Just last Thursday, Boko Haram insurgents killed 14 people, decapitating some of them, when they raided Kamuya village, the hometown of Lt. General Tukur Buratai, the Nigerian Army Chief’s mother, and burnt it down. Are these mere statistics or is Lai Mohammed telling the world that this is normal in a country where terrorism has been defeated?

“Even if the war against Boko Haram has been won and Lai Mohammed can now relocate from the comfort of Abuja to Maiduguri, what is the strategic sense in this needless public bravado? Would it not have been wiser to wait a few weeks to assess the extent of  this “victory” before rushing to town to celebrate?

“Lai Mohammed will soon realize the hard way that there is a wide gulf between being the spokesperson of the government of a country of over 170 million citizens and being the spokesperson of an opposition party.

“Let it be on record that by declaring this phantom victory against Boko Haram, Lai Mohammed is helping the government of Nigeria endanger more Nigerian lives. Such a thoughtlessly provocative statement from a senior Nigerian government official is capable of eliciting a response from Boko Haram and their allies through bomb blasts and brutal attacks against defenseless Nigerian citizens.

“Lai Mohammed must now begin to pray. He must pray hard that the Boko Haram he defeated on the pages of newspapers are actually defeated and remain defeated. The blood of any Nigerian citizens lost to fresh Boko Haram attacks after this careless statement will be upon his head.”

President Buhari set his army a deadline of the end of December upon his inauguration earlier in the year to free all Nigerian territory currently held by the insurgents.

The military recently launched an operation involving ground and air strikes against the sect in the Sambisa forest, which the military views as Boko Haram’s final hideout.

The group, meanwhile, remained active in Nigeria and neighboring countries.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Comments

ARTICLES

Twitter CEO, Jack Dorsey reveals special #EndSARS emoji after endorsing the movement

Published

on

Twitter CEO,  Jack Dorsey has revealed special #EndSARS Emoji after endorsing the movement against police brutality and other unlawful crimes in Nigeria.

Jack tweeted his support for the #EndSARS protests and called for Bitcoin donations towards the movement two days ago.

Last night, Twitter experienced issues globally with large numbers of users unable to post tweets, access their timelines, or see notifications. After fixing these issues, Jack Dorsey revealed a special #EndSARS emoji, a fist with the colour of the Nigerian flag.

Nigerians have flooded his comment session to thank him for his support and the special #EndSARS emoji he created for the movement.

Twitter CEO, Jack Dorsey reveals special #EndSARS emoji after endorsing the movementTwitter CEO, Jack Dorsey reveals special #EndSARS emoji after endorsing the movementTwitter CEO, Jack Dorsey reveals special #EndSARS emoji after endorsing the movementTwitter CEO, Jack Dorsey reveals special #EndSARS emoji after endorsing the movement

Continue Reading

ARTICLES

Brazilian footballer Neymar faces fresh police questioning over claim he raped a model in Paris hotel room

Published

on

Brazilian footballer, Neymar, 26, will be questioned for the second time over claims he raped a model in a Paris Hotel room.

The Paris Saint-Germain star has reportedly agreed to fly into São Paulo in Brazil to meet with detectives over the alleged rape attack on 26-year-old model, Najila Trindade Mendes de Souza. 

Speaking to MailOnline, Dr. Juliana Lopes Bussacos, the officer in charge of the investigation, said: ‘He will be treated like any other citizen. He has the same rights as any other man.

‘I have interviewed many men in these situations and everyone is equal and they all have the right to tell their story and produce evidence to back it up.’

With detectives desperate to get to the bottom of what happened,  Dr. Juliana said she couldn’t enter into details of the rape accuser’s complaint due to confidentiality.

‘There are so many questions and answers that need clarification. He says he did not rape her and she has said she has evidence.

The former Barcelona striker is expected to give his statement in the next 48 hours, and then officers will decide if there is a case and if it is necessary to bring them together.

This comes after it was revealed that Neymar could be cleared of the rape accusation levied against him within days over lack of more evidence from his accuser.

The Brazilian model has been informed by her lawyer that she faces seeing her case against the Paris Saint-Germain star dropped except there is more evidence. She also faces losing the second lawyer to represent her after he said he could not carry on if his professional ‘trust’ in her was compromised.

Trindade’s attorney Danileo Garcia de Andrade said he still believed Ms. Trindade had a case, but he would step aside if there was a lack of evidence.

Mr. Daileo said he had given her a deadline to produce the video and photographs she claimed to have had which would help prove her allegations of rape against the Brazilian superstar. But if the evidence was not forthcoming, he said, he would drop the case next week.

Mr de Andrade told Brazil’s UOL Esporte: ‘If the police investigation of the supposed break-in where she lives shows there was no break-in, I am leaving the case.’

He added: ‘The attorney-client relationship is based always on trust. If there is no trust, then there is no reason to stay on’

Trindade claimed she was the victim of ‘aggression and rape’ by the Paris Saint-Germain player in a hotel room in the French capital on May 15. She said the encounter started out consensual but quickly turned violent, leaving her with bruises and scrapes to her legs and buttocks, with Neymar refusing to stop.

She told police her tablet containing a seven-minute video, messages and photos she alleged incriminated the footballer, was stolen in a burglary at her apartment. But the authorities said they found no major signs of a break-in and only Ms. Trindade’s fingerprints and those of her maid and friends around the flat.

Neymar has strongly denied raping her but admitted that what happened between them was consensual.

Continue Reading

ARTICLES

JAMB approves 160 as cut-off mark for 2019 admission

Published

on

The 19th Policy Meeting on Admissions to Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria has approved 160 and above as the national minimum cutoff mark for admission into state and federal Universities for the year 2019.

 

The decision was taken at a meeting held at Bola Babalakin Auditorium, Gbongan, Osun State today Tuesday June 11th. It was also agreed that the minimum UTME score for admission into private Universities should be 140.

 

120 UTME score was approved for polytechnics while 110 score was approved as the least score for admission into private polytechnic.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2018, Pink Entertainment

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com