Connect with us

ARTICLES

30 Boko Haram insurgents killed in Adamawa State

Published

on

30 members of the Boko Haram sect were killed in a gun battle with Nigerian troops assisted by the local vigilantes in the early hours of yesterday at the border villages between Adamawa and Borno states.

This happened after Boko Haram members on Sunday invaded Gwoza local government area of Borno State, killing nine people and destroying houses.
According to reports, Nigerian troops had laid ambush on the insurgents between the border villages of Kirchinga and Imirsa, following intelligence reports on the movement of the sect.

“Following information about the movements of the Boko Haram insurgents we got, we decided to lay an ambush in the wee hours of Monday.

“Our efforts yielded results as we succeeded in killing over 30 of the insurgents after a fierce gun duel.

“We confiscated many weapons from the invading terrorists, including AK 47 assault rifles, bows and arrows and other dangerous weapons,” the source said.

A vigilante operative had told Vanguard that Boko Haram insurgents had disguised as local vigilante operatives and in the process, killed unsuspecting residents and soldiers.

“The insurgents who disguised as local vigilante mounted road blocks across the highway and pretended to be carrying out routine checks.

“The soldiers were lured into the booby trap of the insurgents who immediately swooped on them and killed three soldiers and abducted one of the soldiers,” the source said.

In regards to the Kirchinga village in Madagali local government area of Adamawa State, a fierce gun duel took place between Nigerian troops and Boko Haram insurgents who launched attacks on the village on the weekend.

Meanwhile, suspected group of Boko Haram sect on Sunday invaded Gwoza Local Government Area of Borno State, killing nine persons and destroying houses.

The terrorists, according to a source wounded many people after looting their foodstuff, including livestock, and fled without confrontation from the armless villagers.
Sunday is a market day where a few persons from surrounding villages of Limankara and other communities patronize the town for businesses.

On the recent attacks on Gwoza, another source who was on his way to Gwoza from Maiduguri at the time of the attack had to spend the night at Limankara, stating that he was compelled to do so because the military had blocked the only existing Madagali- Limankaa- Gwoza road.
The source said he was on his way to Gwoza with a truck of cement and other building materials for sale, following relative peace witnessed recently in the town, but had no option than to spent the night at Limankara before moving back to Madagali town of Adamawa.

Gwoza was declared as an Islamic Caliphate by the group’s leader, Abubakar Shekau last year when his fighters seized the town which is south and about 150kms drive from Maiduguri, the state capital but has been recaptured by the Nigerian military.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Comments

ARTICLES

Twitter CEO, Jack Dorsey reveals special #EndSARS emoji after endorsing the movement

Published

on

Twitter CEO,  Jack Dorsey has revealed special #EndSARS Emoji after endorsing the movement against police brutality and other unlawful crimes in Nigeria.

Jack tweeted his support for the #EndSARS protests and called for Bitcoin donations towards the movement two days ago.

Last night, Twitter experienced issues globally with large numbers of users unable to post tweets, access their timelines, or see notifications. After fixing these issues, Jack Dorsey revealed a special #EndSARS emoji, a fist with the colour of the Nigerian flag.

Nigerians have flooded his comment session to thank him for his support and the special #EndSARS emoji he created for the movement.

Twitter CEO, Jack Dorsey reveals special #EndSARS emoji after endorsing the movementTwitter CEO, Jack Dorsey reveals special #EndSARS emoji after endorsing the movementTwitter CEO, Jack Dorsey reveals special #EndSARS emoji after endorsing the movementTwitter CEO, Jack Dorsey reveals special #EndSARS emoji after endorsing the movement

Continue Reading

ARTICLES

Brazilian footballer Neymar faces fresh police questioning over claim he raped a model in Paris hotel room

Published

on

Brazilian footballer, Neymar, 26, will be questioned for the second time over claims he raped a model in a Paris Hotel room.

The Paris Saint-Germain star has reportedly agreed to fly into São Paulo in Brazil to meet with detectives over the alleged rape attack on 26-year-old model, Najila Trindade Mendes de Souza. 

Speaking to MailOnline, Dr. Juliana Lopes Bussacos, the officer in charge of the investigation, said: ‘He will be treated like any other citizen. He has the same rights as any other man.

‘I have interviewed many men in these situations and everyone is equal and they all have the right to tell their story and produce evidence to back it up.’

With detectives desperate to get to the bottom of what happened,  Dr. Juliana said she couldn’t enter into details of the rape accuser’s complaint due to confidentiality.

‘There are so many questions and answers that need clarification. He says he did not rape her and she has said she has evidence.

The former Barcelona striker is expected to give his statement in the next 48 hours, and then officers will decide if there is a case and if it is necessary to bring them together.

This comes after it was revealed that Neymar could be cleared of the rape accusation levied against him within days over lack of more evidence from his accuser.

The Brazilian model has been informed by her lawyer that she faces seeing her case against the Paris Saint-Germain star dropped except there is more evidence. She also faces losing the second lawyer to represent her after he said he could not carry on if his professional ‘trust’ in her was compromised.

Trindade’s attorney Danileo Garcia de Andrade said he still believed Ms. Trindade had a case, but he would step aside if there was a lack of evidence.

Mr. Daileo said he had given her a deadline to produce the video and photographs she claimed to have had which would help prove her allegations of rape against the Brazilian superstar. But if the evidence was not forthcoming, he said, he would drop the case next week.

Mr de Andrade told Brazil’s UOL Esporte: ‘If the police investigation of the supposed break-in where she lives shows there was no break-in, I am leaving the case.’

He added: ‘The attorney-client relationship is based always on trust. If there is no trust, then there is no reason to stay on’

Trindade claimed she was the victim of ‘aggression and rape’ by the Paris Saint-Germain player in a hotel room in the French capital on May 15. She said the encounter started out consensual but quickly turned violent, leaving her with bruises and scrapes to her legs and buttocks, with Neymar refusing to stop.

She told police her tablet containing a seven-minute video, messages and photos she alleged incriminated the footballer, was stolen in a burglary at her apartment. But the authorities said they found no major signs of a break-in and only Ms. Trindade’s fingerprints and those of her maid and friends around the flat.

Neymar has strongly denied raping her but admitted that what happened between them was consensual.

Continue Reading

ARTICLES

JAMB approves 160 as cut-off mark for 2019 admission

Published

on

The 19th Policy Meeting on Admissions to Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria has approved 160 and above as the national minimum cutoff mark for admission into state and federal Universities for the year 2019.

 

The decision was taken at a meeting held at Bola Babalakin Auditorium, Gbongan, Osun State today Tuesday June 11th. It was also agreed that the minimum UTME score for admission into private Universities should be 140.

 

120 UTME score was approved for polytechnics while 110 score was approved as the least score for admission into private polytechnic.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2018, Pink Entertainment

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com