Connect with us

NEWS

11 dies as suicide bombers’hit church in military base kaduna.

Published

on

TWO days after the military placed a ransom on the leader of the Boko Haram sect, suicide bombers struck yesterday at church located inside an Armed Forces facility in  Kaduna  state.

Eleven people were killed and 30 others injured after twin explosions rocked St Andrew Protestant Church inside the Command and Staff College, Jaji, which is 40 kilometers from Kaduna, the state    capital.The CSC Jaji is a high-level military institution. It also housesn infantry center and school.

The service had just closed, but leaders were meeting over

Sunday’s annual thanksgiving service when the suicide

bombers struck. They beat the heavy security at the gate of the Cantonment.

The incident came barely one month after a similar attack on St Rita’s Catholic Church, Kaduna.

The military on Friday placed a N50 million ransom on BokoHaram   leader Abubakar  Shekau. Boko Haram has not claimed responsibility for the Jaji attacks, which bore marks of its operations.

The Director of Army Public Relations, Brig.-Gen. BolaKoleoso, put the figure of the dead at 11 and the injured, 30.But, unconfirmed reports said over 50 people may have been killed in the twin-explosion, which was believed to have also affected a senior officer.

Gen. Koleoso in a text message said: “There were twin suicide bombings today at the St. Andrew Military Protestant Church,Jaji Military Cantonment at 1205hrs and 1215hrs. A bus firstran into the church and exploded about five minutes afterservice while a Toyota Camry parked outside the church detonated 10 minutes later.

“Figures of casualties not yet clear, but the injured arereceiving treatment at military hospitals both in Jaji andKaduna. Investigation into the bombings has commenced and the area already cordoned off.”

When told that an estimated 50 people were killed in theexplosions, he said 11 people died. It was gathered that eventhough the church had closed for the day, people rushed backwhen they heard the first explosion and gathered around the burning car, watching, when the second explosion occurred.

Sources said most of the victims died in the second attack.The source, who was in tears said on the telephone that “many people were killed in the explosion.

“I am not in a position tosay how many people died, but all I can say is that the number of the dead is high because I saw many dead bodies. I thinkthe people that died may be in the region of 40 0r 50. I cannot say precisely.”

Gen. Koleoso said the injured had been taken to the 44 Reference Hospital, the Nigeria Air Force Hospital in Kaduna and the Ahmadu Bello University Hospital in Zaria.The army restricted movement into the Jaji facility shortly after even officials of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) were prevented from gaining access.

There was no claim of responsibility but Islamist sect BokoHaram, whose main targets are the bombed several churches in the past in its fight to create an Islamic state in the country.

President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) PastorAyo Oritsejafor condemned the frequent bombing of churches in the country and “institutional corruption”.Pastor Oritsejafor spoke at the dedication of the newlycompleted church building by the Good Tidings Bible Church International in Abuja.

He expressed regret that the heath care system in the country had failed while the standard of education was dwindling.“How can people be bombing churches? How can people bestealing billions of naira meant for pensioners? Is it they don’thave the fear God?”Pastor Oritsejafor, who wept during the sermon, described Boko Haram members as “wicked for perpetuating evil in thename of religion”.

The CAN President said: “Anybody that is not filled with thespirit of God will be filled with the spirit of evil.“Boko Haram members are doing what they are doing because

they are filled with evil spirit.”

He added: “How can a group of people be perpetuating evil,

killing people, burning worship centres in the name of

religion?” Pastor  Oritsejafor urged the government to do more for

security. “If we all have the fear of God and His spirit in our lives, there will be no sectarian crisis. We must pray forNigeria; we need God in our lives.

“Why can’t we have an international standard hospital in Nigeria where people from outside the country could come for treatment?

“Look at our educational system; the standard is falling at an alarming rate.’’

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Comments

NEWS

Hundreds of permanent voters card discovered by hunters in Bayelsa

Published

on

Over 320 Permanent Voters Cards were dumped inside an uncompleted building along the AIT/Elebele road in Yenogoa, the Bayelsa State capital.

The hunters handed over the PVCs to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Wednesday, July 27, in Yenagoa, the state capital. the Commandant of the association, Moses Okano

Said :

“We have been combing the bushes in the nooks and crannies because of the happening we have been hearing in the bushes. We started from Azikoro and went through Elebele,” he said

In the course of our going round, we ran into an uncompleted building in the bush and we heard some noise with our usual way of operation to ascertain those who were there, the people sighting us started to jump out of the windows of the uncompleted building.

So, we were able to penetrate the building and what we saw were the abandoned voters’ cards. So knowing full well that these are Federal Government property and the only authority empowered or authorised by law to keep custody of these items is INEC, we have to recover them and decided to bring it to the Commission.” he said

Continue Reading

NEWS

INEC rules out another extension of voter registration

Published

on

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has ruled out another extension of the ongoing Continuous Voter Registration (CVR).

The INEC National Commissioner in charge of Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo States, Chief Ken Okeagu, stated this at a media briefing on Wednesday in Abakaliki.

The REC said he had visited the commission’s local government area offices to assess the progress so far recorded in the exercise.

He expressed satisfaction with the turnout of prospective voters.

He said: “I’m quite impressed. The arrangement is good and people are turning out.

“So far, we don’t have challenges other than the number of people that have been coming out to register.

“I have gone round some of the centres and we are discussing how to take care of the surge.

“Some of the arrangements are going to be internal and we are looking basically at getting more machines to attend to people.

“We are not going to extend again.

“We have done it once for one month and we are not going to extend again.

“Those who have yet to register should go and get registered.

 

Continue Reading

NEWS

Man exposes the condition of Psquare’s village house 

Published

on

A video making the rounds on social media captures the moment an unidentified man showed off P-square’s alleged village mansion.

 

 

 

 

 

In the viral clip, the man noted that the duo who are known for their hit track ‘Do Me’ have such a dilapidated house in the village.

Watch the video below:

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2018, Pink Entertainment

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com